Wednesday, August 24, 2011

On MOnday I banned all electronic of any kids...ipads, ipods, computer, wii...somehow as I sit here wasting time before I have to run out this evening all the kids are in my room watching a movie. I really get frustrated a lot bc I feel like I must speak a different language than they do. How else could I explain the fact that they rarely "hear" anything I say.
They are not bad kids at all. They are mostly sweet. But they are kids, and they do act a little unruly and fight and argue with one another. They were especially naughty this past Sunday at church. We sat in the over flow and I had them spread out in three different rows. Henry brought more legos than I knew, building a tower almost as high as the ceiling. I probably caused a bigger scene than was necessary when I dragged Jake out to get on to him.
I am finally back at the gym after my summer hiatus. I am so much nicer when I work out. All the sweat must be all my aggression and anger melting away.
When I started this blog back in Hershey it was mainly out of loneliness maybe a bit of depression. I don't feel that here. Mississippi was certainly NEVER number one on my top places to live, however, I have good friends, feel mostly settled, and do not feel like I am in a high school ward (where I never really felt like I fit in). We recently moved wards within the city...so sad I love my peeps from my old ward. We are renting a new house and the land we bought to build on is in this other ward. Everyone is nice and we know most of the people, but another change that I resist.
On the other hand the fact that I will probably never move again is weird. I have moved around my entire life up until now. I guess that is why vacations are good. I am not sure if the fact that Chris is done with all his schooling/training that maybe I feel like a "real" person. I feel more comfortable with myself than ever before. I even sang in church (which I hadn't done in about 10 years) and grew to really like my RS teaching calling. Although I am still very socially slow, these are big steps for me.
I really do not to like t o come off braggy or complainy.. like sometimes I read some blogs and I think are you kidding me...but have to remind myself that everyone's problems are difficult for them.
So in the past year I have not felt the need to share anything, but since I am slacking on baby books and pciture albums this will do for now. Yesterday Henry was looking in the mirror brushing his hair and asked "Do I look like Baybit" (that is what he and Sam call Justin Bieber, that is what they think his "baby" song says) today he wanted to go to the dump to see all the trash and also mentioned he would like to be a dog so people would pet him. I will miss him next week when he goes to school.
Sam has become Mr. Chatty Pants at school and has a best buddy Hank. IF the kids are quiet during naptim Mon through Thur, on Fri they get to watch a movie. he has missed out on that. I am not a fan of full day kindergarden, but it is ok since he is almost 6. He is so small. He wears a 4T, maybe a 5 shirt. And his friend Hank is like huge. It is funny.
Anna cheered at her first game last night. It was an away game and since I had back to school night for the Elem and jake had football practice, and Chris was on call we missed it. (is that a run on sentence?)
jakob loves him his football. He has never showed interest when we put him in soccer, so he always did gymnastics (which he was great at) but at this male tweenness of budding testosterone it is good for his agression.
Emma is happy at school, she is wearing her glasses finally after 3 years. I think it is helping her with school work. Surprise! She got te teacher she wanted this year (so did Jake) and they are so nice.
We are about to close in the next day on 10 acres of land to build our house (the plans are finally done, only took about 1 year to get them right. Not so we took awhile off in pursuit of buying a home which is another 3 month long story)

Oh we got a bunny. I do NOT like animals. Just not a fan. we have had some hamsters, lizards and fish but they are no longer with us. Emma has been wanting a bunny since she turned 8. We were driving around and saw a pet store going out of business and bought it. He is a black velveteen and at first the kids called him dark bunny, but Emma calls him Pickles. He is pretty small and will stay that way. Maggie would cry for the first week everytime we left the house that she missed her dark bunny.
Need to get the kids ready for bed. Hope they fall asleep quickly!

1 comment:

camie said...

I wish we would've hung out in Hershey.
I have your apple recipe printed out just waiting for the perfect apples...